Monday 25 June 2012

ELF favourites - Studio Lip Balm & Volume Plumping Mascara

A couple of weeks ago I had an emergency splurge on ELF (there was no emergency..I just wanted to buy stuff). Amongst all the goodies online I decided on a select few pieces to add to my make-up bag. In this post I want to show you their SPF 15 Studio Lip Balm and the Volume Plumping Mascara. Both of these products are from ELF's Studio range, designed to give a more professional finish than their basic range.


"Relieves and soothes lips with a drench of moisture. SPF 15 helps to shield lips from harmful sun rays. Softens lips to prevent and temporarily protect against chapped, cracked or chafed lips."  


I bought the Studio Lip Balm in the shade "Pink. It retails for £3.50 on their website and for that price I think everybody should buy one!
It's super moisturising and has a lovely minty scent when applied. I've always been one to reach for the Vaseline but this ELF lip balm has truly taken over. It adds a little hint of colour but nothing too offensive if you wear other lip products after a slick of balm. For me this lasted for around 3-4 hours which was perfect.
I'm definitely going to buy a couple more shades of this to take away with me over summer!


"Create lush and bold lashes with our Volume Plumping Mascara. The oversized brush fully coats lashes from root to tip for an intense and dramatic effect. The Vitamin B rich formula conditions and strengthens for visibly healthier looking lashes."

This mascara was also £3.50, possibly the cheapest mascara I own! I don't fully agree with the description, for me this is more of an everyday mascara rather than making them look "lush and bold". It doesn't particularly plump my lashes but I have noticed that my lashes are fully coated, even when they haven't been curled before using the mascara. The brush isn't so big that coating the lower lashes is impossible which I have found with so many other mascaras! I can evenly coat my lower lashes in the corners without them clumping together and without marking my skin with excess mascara. One of the best things about this mascara is that it doesn't crumble off through the day. With some mascaras this means that it's a nightmare to get off, but not this one. It is easily removable with a face wipe, eye make-up remover or my favourite choice - the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse & Polish.

So, out of the items I ordered these were my favourites but I will be posting a review of a couple of the other bits and pieces as well.

Do you use ELF for any of your make-up needs? I need recommendations!

Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment