Thursday 5 September 2013

Soap & Glory - No Clogs Allowed Old vs. New

Soap & Glory have had a complete revamp when it comes to their packaging. Gone are the days of the shiny, funky, colourful tubes - now it's a bit more to the point and plain. The tagline for this cult beauty and skincare brand is "Soap and Glory - A Fun, Fresh, Fearless, Fantastic British Beauty Brand. With the belief that while beauty absolutely matters, it doesn't matter absolutely." A motto I am absolutely on board with! 



I wanted to do a little comparison since I needed to replace my tube of No Clogs Allowed. I absolutely love how this product worked from my first go. It's a self-heating thermal face mask and the old tube could be used as either a quick one minute scrub a couple of times a week or an intense one off five minute face mask. The new tube states that it should only be used once a week which is totally traumatising for me because I relied on this as my mid-week skin pick me up and then my weekend chill-out face mask. The old product came with a special sponge but the new product was alone in the box.



It could be the age of my older tube that has caused it to be slightly more blue but their formulas feel relatively the same. The newest tube states that the colour will change when the one minute pore-clear technology is activated but I didn't notice a huge colour change until I wiped it off with a wet washcloth. My old tube has lasted absolutely ages so I don't begrudge the price tag of £11 (found here, click!!). There is usually a 3 for 2 offer in Boots on Soap and Glory and that's pretty hard to resist!

Overall, I think I still like the product but I'm not entirely sold on the packaging yet... It's a bit too medical looking and serious. I loved the light hearted packaging and how it went hand-in-hand with the cute names given to each individual product but hey, maybe it's a grower!

What do you think of the re-vamp? Let me know in the comments.


p.s. My Back To School Rescue Kit Giveaway is still open for three more days HERE (click!) It's super easy to enter xo

No comments:

Post a Comment