Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bank Holiday Weekend & Estée Lauder Double Wear

 Unlike most of the people I know, I didn't spend my weekend at a festival! I had a nice weekend at home with my family and boyfriend with a little bit of shopping and a barbecue! On my mini shopping trip I picked up a sample of the esteemed Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. From research online I had read good things about this foundation and after having trouble with my current Dior Skin products I thought I'd try it out.

The claims on the Estée Lauder website (link!) say "Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. 15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day."


I was matched by one of the ladies at the counter in John Lewis and my shade was Pale Almond.
I wore it that night when I went out with my parents for dinner and at first I really liked it. It had good overall coverage for the small amount that I used and I thought it matched my skin tone well. When I applied it on Saturday morning I noticed it was probably a shade too light for me but still liked the coverage. My only criticism is that initially it felt a little "cakey" but that feeling went after I'd applied the rest of my make-up. I found it lived up to all the claims on the website other than being "lightweight". It didn't smudge or change colour and other than being slightly too pale it did look very natural on my skin. I didn't find myself checking to see if I looked shiny or if I needed a top-up as I was confident enough with what I'd put on that morning.

Unfortunately, I seem to have had an allergic reaction to this product, boo hiss! I've now got two patches of dry skin around my nose and on my chin as well as a break-out of small spots on my forehead. I can't blame the product as I know I have sensitive skin and that's why I went away with a sample rather than the full size bottle so this is in no way a bad reflection of the foundation, just my personal reaction to it.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is after a long-lasting foundation, especially as such a little amount goes a long way. If I hadn't had this reaction I'd be going back in a week or two to get colour matched with the Double Wear Light! 

xo xo

1 comment:

  1. I prefer double wear light but I used to wear double wear when I went to work and because I worked behind a bar and rushed around, it stayed on really well. I'm Ecru which is the 2nd to lightest shade but it's too dark and leaves lines so I really have to blend it, but when I use the palest shade it's white so I can't win. I definitely recommend going to a MAC counter and getting them to colour match you, they have a long lasting foundation which I'm dying to try!

    ReplyDelete