Tuesday 16 August 2011

Nars Volumising Mascara Review




Nars Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara - £18.50 on Asos
Larger than life volumizing mascara by NARS  . Featuring a richly pigmented formula, containing vitamin E and macadamia nut oil, the square brush and “honeycomb” bristles allow for even distribution, coating each lash individually. Smudge and flake-free, the mascara is also quick drying”
With many mascaras I tend to do about 3 or 4 quick layers in a normal day-time look and then enhance with eyeliner. With this one I use about 2 coats in the day ( 3 if I’m going out with more make-up on ) and I don’t feel like I need to accentuate my eyes with any more products. It’s pretty much waterproof which is great if it rains, but it does make it harder to get off.. usually I would use a make-up wipe or baby wipe and then wash with a cleanser but the mascara really stayed put through that. I’d recommend an oil based remover (Bobbi Brown do a brilliant one for £15, as do Clinique but a cheaper option by Johnsons is available as well) to get it off entirely.
It lasts all day and I don’t feel like my eyelashes are weighed down or “spidery” as such. It’s jet black and the slightly thicker brush (think bigger than Maybelline Falsies brush but smaller than Benefit’s Bad Gal brush) is definitely where the volume comes from. Regarding the “honeycomb bristles” I’ll have to take Nars’ words for it as my brush is already covered in the mascara but after how pleased I am with it already I don’t doubt that this is true.
It has a long handle which is great for precision on lower lashes and the formula of the mascara itself means there aren’t any clumps or lumps that dry and stick the lashes together.
The blurb also claims that it is smudge free and dries quickly, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I wore it while watching the final Harry Potter film and shed a tear or two which I quickly wiped away and still avoided smudging!
I’m genuinely so so impressed by this product and I think every girl should have a pot of this!
♡♡♡♡♡ 5/5!
xo xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment