Monday 22 August 2011

Shopping is Love

This afternoon I popped out with my mum to get a birthday present for a friend and ended up wandering into Lipsy. Since losing weight I've been much more open to trying on clothes in shops and I decided to try on a couple of dresses as I've never actually bought a dress from there. The first one I tried was this one but I looked like some kind of nurse in it! I'm only 5'3" and I'm quite busty so usually high necks don't look very good on me but this would have been lovely had it been all black! I can't see one in black on the website at the moment but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. The second dress I tried was this one and since I'm not a size 8 I looked like a total pleb! I can just about manage the one shoulder but the cut-out sections didn't look too great on me!
This is the dress that I bought...
It looks really plain and frumpy on the hanger so I was dubious about trying it on at first but I have a very persistant (and super, wonderful, lovely) mother who convinced me I should, and I'm so glad I did!

I would never have thought to try something like this on a few months ago so it's a total success! I'm wearing a UK size 12 and it fits so perfectly all over. 
If you're on O2 like me you'll be aware of their Moments scheme which allows for certain discounts and opportunities for their customers and you currently get 10% off at Lipsy + a free gift with every purchase! The free gift is between 2 canvas tote bags in your choice of black or white. I chose white and it looks like this

I'll be using it for my library books when I'm back at uni in 3 weeks.

Big love for Lipsy today! I couldn't be happier with my dress :) 

xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment