Monday 7 November 2011

In October I loved....


Lipsy Coat, Clarins Daily Energizer Cream, Mac 123 Brush, Pink With A Splash by Victoria's Secret in Sweet & Flirty, 
Ted Baker iPad Case, Diorskin Nude in 020, No7 Lift & Luminate in Porcelain 03, Bobbi Brown Face Blender, 
HD Brows Palette in Vamp, Benefit Dallas Bronzer and my Hello Kitty hot water bottle 

Since we're in the first week of November now I'm running a little late, but I wanted to do my first "things I loved" post! These are my favourite bits and pieces from October....

1. My Lipsy coat. It's so snuggly warm and paired with a scarf it keeps me covered from the cold on my walk to uni. 

2. Clarins moisturiser from their Daily Energizer range. I use the face wash and the toner a couple of times a week but the moisturiser was perfect for every day before applying my make-up. It was called a cream but did have a slightly gel-like consistency. I was recommended it by the lady on the counter in my local Debenhams over the actual moisturising gel alternative because my skin isn't dry or greasy, a nice inbetween. It's quite thick and a little definitely goes a long way but it was perfect for me! The pot is sadly empty now but I'll be buying a new one asap!

3. Mac brush 123. I use this as a bronzer or blusher brush as it's smaller than my Bobbi Brown brush so I only cover the area I'm aiming for without getting it everywhere! It does malt a little though which is a pain.

4. Pink With A Splash by Victoria's Secret in Sweet & Flirty. I first bought this body mist in Miami 2010 in a smaller bottle and it lasted me almost a full year! When I went back to Florida this summer I knew I had to buy another bottle. I think it was $15 and it is DEFINITELY worth the money!

5. My beloved Ted Baker iPad case. I'm a sucker for the laquer-finish Ted Baker accessories! I have a purse that's brown leather with a black pvc strip in the middle that is my one love. This case is perfect for my iPad2 as a) it stops scratches or marks ruining the aluminium when it's in my bag and b) if I need to carry it in my hands I don't look like i'm trying to show off with it! It's discreet but very aesthetically pleasing with the small lettering and the little black bow. 

6 & 7. Two foundations last month! I stopped using my Diorskin foundation before summer as I was beginning to look tangoed every day. I used to get quite worried that I looked like the love child of an oompa-loompa and a wotsit so I switched to my back-up No7 Lift & Luminate. I apply these with a Mac 190 brush by either blending them on the back of my hand or putting a small blob of each on the tip of the brush.

8. Bobbi Brown face blender brush. Perfect for brushing over my face to even out the colour or blend my bronzer and blusher so they're not as full-on. It's also handy for applying my bronzer with the very edge of the brush along my cheek bone. 

9. The winning product from my September Glossybox - the HD Brows palette in Vamp. I adore this and use it every day! A little goes a long way and it's very easy to over-do my eyebrows but with a magnifying mirror and a bit of patience it usually works out okay. 

10. Benefit Dallas Bronzer. I LOVE this bronzer. I used to use it all the time when I was about 16/17 and I recently found a half full pot. It's now almost empty so it's one for the Christmas list!! It's got enough shimmer to give my cheeks a "glow" and doesn't look like I've rolled round in a pot of glitter!

11. Finally, my lovely hot water bottle. My boyfriend bought me this last Christmas and since moving into my second year university house I've used it almost every night. It's always cold in this house because the gas is so expensive and none of us know how to set the heating timer properly. It stays warm till around 4am which is perfect!


So, how was this for my first "things I loved" post?? 
I'd love any comments you have for me and I'll reply to them all.

Kisses, xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment