Sunday 22 January 2012

Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h - Part 1

After splurging at Lancome for my mum's birthday present a few weeks ago I was offered a sample of their new foundation, Teint Idole Ultra 24h.
With claims that it offers more long wear and comfort than any other foundation I was excited to give it a go since I'm still after ~the perfect foundation~.


This little pot lasted me just under a week and from the first application I fell in love! For me, it did what I wanted the Estee Lauder Double Wear to do... except that brought me out in a rash, ew.
I paired it with my Mac Prep + Prime translucent face powder and then did the usual bronzer/blusher routine.

I was given it in shade 010 - Beige Porcelaine and I'd say it has medium/heavy coverage, but doesn't feel heavy and it really does last a long time! It's easily buildable, looks matte on the skin and can be applied with a brush or with fingertips. I know many people don't like the idea of applying with their fingers but to be honest, I can get precise application and blend much better with (clean!) hands than with my Mac foundation brush.

I can't vouch for the 24h claim as I've worn it as daytime make up only and washed my face if I have applied foundation again for a night out, but it has lasted a good 12+hours which is a win for me.
I'm desperately trying to find photo evidence of this in action amongst all my recent iPhoto imports but it doesn't look like I have any, however, I have just ordered a full size product from the Lancome website which should be here by Wednesday so I can do a photo feature then.

It retails at £27.00 full size (with £5.00 shipping charge from their website) and can be bought from any Lancome stockist.

I was given some confusing dates from my local Boots counter who told me the foundation wasn't being released until February 1st and some other blogs have given this date as well, but since I've been able to purchase it online I'm assuming that I should receive my delivery in the 2-3days I'm expecting.
If anybody can shed some light on this situation it would be lovely, however if you follow me on twitter I'm sure you'll read whether I've received it or not.

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, love

No comments:

Post a Comment