Tuesday 24 January 2012

An Old Favourite, Diorshow Extase Mascara

So, over the last few days I've gone back to an old, faithful mascara, my Diorshow Extase. 
I've had it for a while but I seem to use it on and off or switch between my full size tube to a sample I was given. I didn't feel like reviewing the sample when I have the full size due to the difference in brush length etc. 

The brush looks like this - 

It's quite a thick brush and when you look closely it seems to go thick-thin-thick-thin as if the brush is twisted. According to the description on Sephora's website it is in fact a "tiered" brush containing Black Elastomer Fibres to define the lashes and Gold Nylon Fibres to deposit the product.

It's longer than some other mascara brushes which means you can sweep across all the lashes in one go.
The handle is long but it gives good control over the brush, especially if you need to hold the brush vertically to get to the corner lashes.

These photos are after about 3 coats on the top lashes and one on the bottom. 


I'd definitely rate this mascara as an 8 out of 10. One thing that has taken it down a mark is the fact that it has taken a good few months for me to use this consistently and the second is that it can come out slightly clumpy meaning you need to use the brush quite precisely to smooth out any thickly coated areas.

What do you think about Dior mascaras? Do you have any other recommendations?

Big love,

2 comments: