Wednesday 24 April 2013

ghd Cherry Blossom Styler

These pink ghd hair straighteners were an emergency purchase for me. After accidentally standing on my classic, gold ghds and watching them die a tragic, tragic death I knew I wouldn't be able to last very long without another pair. That's why I am now graced with the presence of the limited edition Cherry Blossom styler.


Presented in a pretty black and pink box adorned with cherry blossom illustrations with a pull-out drawer, these straighteners are packed in a heat-proof travel bag which is something I've needed for years. The bag means that if you're travelling or packing up your stylers shortly after using them there's less of a risk of damage to the straighteners or any items packed along side them.

With a 2.7m swivel cord these straighteners allow for curling without getting tangled up in the power lead, a problem I had with my classic stylers before their little accident.


The ceramic plates have a little shimmer to them and the embellishments on the handles are pink to match them, including the light that brightens as the straighteners heat up. These straighteners automatically go into "sleep mode" half an hour after being used as well, which as well as lowering the risk of burning yourself on them also reduces the "OH SHIT DID I LEAVE MY GHDS ON" panic that one might experience approximately 5 minutes into your next journey out of the house when you're already late and you've joined the dual carriage way and there's nowhere to turn around. Yeah, that panic.

Anyway, in terms of how well this styler works I haven't been left disappointed yet, but there is something about them that is different to how the older/classic stylers. I think it's the way the plates glide down the hair but I really can't figure out the specifics of the difference. It's not life-ruining though, I can always successfully curl or straighten my hair with these straighteners and I do believe they're worth the money. At £129.99 they are £30.00 more expensive than the basic ghd stylers but 1) they are pink which is different to the classic gold and 2) £10 from your purchase is donated to the charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Overall I would recommend these straighteners, even though they're more expensive than the classic stylers. They can be bought directly from the ghd website here (click!) but I bought mine from ASOS here (click!). Both websites are offering free delivery with these products, the only difference is that if you have an NUS card or are a member of Unidays (if not click here to register! It's so worth it!) you can save 10% or more depending on the offer at the time on ASOS, winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment