Saturday 13 July 2013

Glossybox - July 2013

There have certainly been months when I have been less than impressed at Glossybox's offerings, but this month was the complete opposite. This Seaside Splash themed box was bursting with products that aim to enhance any girl's holiday beauty stash.


The box itself is beautiful - a bright blue box with orange starfish and coral complete with matching wrapping paper and a blue ribbon.


In my box I received - 

Essie Sleek Sticks in So Haute! - £9.99 : These are classic nail transfers. Not a new concept but this pattern is certainly prettier than any I've seen. Glossybox has sent products similar to this out before but not by Essie so this was new to me.

Anatomicals Spray Misty For Me Facial Sprits - 100ml / £6.00 : This is perfect for the hot, stuffy days or evenings either in the UK or on holiday. Last year there was a similar product to this by Paul Mitchell but it was for hair and body. I like that this is aimed at skincare as it doesn't feel wasteful to use frequently (plus I will be reusing this bottle!)

Coola Organic Suncare Collection Facial SPF 20 - 50ml / £29.99 (sample size in box) : This looks like a good product though I am yet to try it. It doesn't just protect the skin from both UVA and UVB rays but is also hypoallergenic, paraben free and soothes and tones the skin. Sounds perfect for days in the garden!

Sleek Pout Paint - 8ml / £4.99 (2 products included in box) : I have been looking forward to trying these for months - I nearly bought the OCC Lip Tars yesterday but these look like a good, cheaper dupe for them.

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist - 125ml / £23.00 : I think this is basically another type of salt spray-esque product. With the aim of helping to create "just back from the beach" waves I really look forward to trying this spray. 

I'm super happy with this month's products, I've found that Glossybox is very hit-and-miss but the last couple of months have been a nice surprise. This one seems to cover skincare, nails, beauty AND haircare, and with 2 pout paints this box has six products overall rather than five!
Did you get the same selection or is yours different?

No comments:

Post a Comment