Friday 30 August 2013

Revlon Lip Butter - Cotton Candy

Amongst my Boots & Superdrug purchases last week was this little lip butter by Revlon. I was sucked in by the hype I had seen on twitter and YouTube and wanted to give it a go myself.


It's very basic packaging, a translucent pink plastic lid with a quilted effect and a squared off silver twist base like most lipsticks.


This is a shiny pink lip colour that needs two or three swipes to become noticeable. For me it's got too much of a sheen to it, it looks a little golden when I apply it so I haven't got much use out of it recently. Maybe a different shade would have suited me better so I don't think it's a bad product at all, the colour just wasn't for me.

I feel like this is a less expensive alternative to the No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick which I reviewed here (click!). It's possible that the Revlon range is aimed at a slightly younger audience if these two products were to be compared both aesthetically and in terms of the product's colour payoff.

Do you have one of these Revlon lip butters? Which shade should I try next?

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely color!! I followed you through bloglovin'! Love your blog!! Also I am giving away a Stila Eyeshadow palette if you are interested!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Revlon lip butters, I've got loads but haven't seen this one before! Definitely will be picking this up, such a lovely colour!
    Love your blogs, now following! :)
    Jess xo

    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete