Thursday 22 August 2013

Topshop Lipstick - Nevada

Topshop's make-up range surprised me when I first bought it - I was thinking it would be your average high street fashion does make-up thing but I was mistaken, and I'm glad.

I only own one other lipstick by Topshop and it's the highly coveted Pillow Talk. I've had it for a while and I get a fair bit of wear from it given that I don't wear lipstick that often. When I was in London last week I had already thrown caution to the wind with spending when I kissed goodbye to my cash in Victoria's Secret so I treated myself to a smaller purchase in Topshop - a lipstick in the shade Nevada.


The packaging is faultless and fuss free. A cardboard outer box with the plastic lipstick tube inside which closes with a little clicker lid.


 Nevada is a pinky brown nude shade. It's creamy and soft and doesn't leave a matte finish. It's got a satin sheen to it and it wasn't particularly drying on me. I can't stand matte nude lipsticks since nude shades are relatively unforgiving as it is but a drying matte is to be avoided at all costs in my book! That's one reason why I like this shade - it's creamy and even under a gloss or balm it doesn't slip around and look badly applied.


I can't guarantee I'll get a lot of wear out of this shade on its own purely because I have very pigmented lips so for me this nude needs a lipliner to ensure the colour is evenly distributed. Having said that I really like the formula and the colour payoff with only one application is good for a high street product so I think with a little bit of patience and some practice with mixing shades I will be able to pair this lipstick with a smokey eye for my first work night out!

You can buy this lipstick online here (click!) for £8.

No comments:

Post a Comment