Sunday 11 September 2011

10 years on

I was only 10 when the tragedy of 9/11 happened. I was actually oblivious to what it all meant, I just knew that a lot of people had lost their lives and loved ones.

Every year we see footage of the crashes and hear recollections from people who were in the wreckages and it has always been tragic, but as I've grown older, seen more of the world and lost loved ones myself I am much more aware of what happened ten years ago, even though comprehending why it happened will never be easy.

What I want to say in this post is that we should cherish the moments we have with the people we love, and keep in our thoughts those who have lost people close to their hearts on this day or any other day.
I can't imagine a world without my brother, my parents, my best friend or my boyfriend and as much as they might drive me mad, leave the toilet seat up, burn my toast and eat all the maltesers... I couldn't live without them.

I hope you've all had a happy Sunday and you were affected by 9/11 you are staying strong


Big love, xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment