Tuesday 31 January 2012

Valentine's Glossybox

I'm sure anyone with a Glossybox subscription was eagerly awaiting the arrive of the second limited edition Glossybox. Mine arrived on Monday and I legged it up to my room to check everything out. 

I received Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner, Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream & Extra Firming Night Cream, Murad Skin Perfecting Primer and Fab Body Moisturiser. 

I'm quite impressed with this month's products, but the perk for me is the the bright pink box! Like many other Glossybox subscribers I use my boxes for storing bits and pieces in my room so this one will go brilliantly in what I consider my Pink Palace!

I have mini-reviews of each product here and a separate, lengthier post for the Eyeko eyeliner to follow. 

RRP: £46.50 / 50ml & £48 / 50ml


Firstly, Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream : I like this product a lot, however prior to this I have used Clarins products that I've liked much more. The moisturiser felt good upon application and my skin felt nourished. It's worked all day which I'm impressed with as I had a day of university lectures and then spent some time in town where it was very cold and windy, usually that results in some dry patches.


Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream : The night cream felt soft on my skin but left it feeling slightly powdery.. the same as when Benefit's Pore-Fessional primer is applied if you've ever used that? That was slightly strange for me though I did appreciate the softness over greasy-ness. After another application tonight I found if I rubbed my face it rubbed off the moisturiser and I was getting it on my hands in little balls, not ideal!
Overall I'd give both of these a 3/5 score. I like them, but I like other products more which I'm likely to purchase.

RRP: £10.00 / 226.8g

 FAB Body Moisturiser : I used this post-shower this morning and it sank into the skin quickly. It felt nourishing and didn't leave any greasy residue. I don't have much to say other than it had a strange scent to it that wasn't quite to my liking, almost musty/masculine smelling. I probably wouldn't buy this product again purely because I have a huge stock of body butter hanging around!

RRP: £29.00 / 30ml
Murad Skin Perfecting Primer : I haven't managed to use this yet! After using the Clarins moisturiser this morning I completely forgot about this.


RRP: £9.50
 Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner : I have a post coming up about this but here's a hint..... 5/5!

A cute little extra, mmmm!

Overall, this box probably gets a 3/5 this month. If I were to have put together a "Valentine's" Box it would have probably included something like lip scrub/gloss/stick, nail polish, eyeshadow, mascara, exfoliator, shower scrub, bubble bath etc etc etc. I feel as though these products are all along the scale of "good, but could have been better".

Glossybox is £10 / month + P&P (£2.95) Click here to start your subscription.

Did you get this month's box? Do you love it or loathe it?? Let me know!

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment