Friday 24 February 2012

BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow - Storm Cloud

In my last post I wrote about receiving my Glossybox, if you saw that you might already know that in my box was the BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow. Mine's in the shade "Storm Cloud". At first I was a bit dubious as I tend to stick to lighter shades than this and I'm not a fan of loose powder, however as I was going out for a friend's 21st birthday meal I thought I'd try it out. 

The pot contains 1g of powder, quite a generous amount for a sample! 
This is what the product looks like
I rarely apply eyeshadow with my fingers but I wanted to show the consistency of the product when pressed lightly into the powder.

This has been applied to my hand with a Mac 239 brush. At first I was put off by the excess powder that was deposited as I swept the brush along but it didn't stick in little clumps.. a quick blow of air and it left a smooth line of colour.
 I was impressed with the colour on my eyelid. I managed to achieve a very understated smokey eye with this shadow, but I found I dipped my brush in the powder at least twice for each eyelid and as you can see it's not a very heavy layer of colour.

 I have no idea why my eyes look so wonky in these photos!
As you can see from the bottom photo it's a nice grey with green undertones. Before applying the mineral powder I used a Front Cover shadow in Mother Of Pearl for a shimmer across the lid and used the Storm Cloud mineral shadow along my lash line and in the outer corner of my eyelid. 

Overall this is a 6/10. For the full size pot it's £7.00 so I probably wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this as I'd rather pay a little more and get a pressed powder Mac eyeshadow (or take a quick trip to Superdrug for the very impressive and very cheap MUA pressed powder eyeshadows!) but it is easy to use and very buildable if you prefer a heavier colour. I'm probably more likely to use this shadow with cat-eye liner when going out with my friends but it did give me a more smokey-eye look which I like without having to use a  dark grey or black eyeshadow.

Did you get this product or have you used it before? What did you think?

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment