Sunday 15 April 2012

Clinique Blended Face Powder in 03

I'm going to put it out there now - I love this powder. 
I've always been a fan of Clinique, that's probably down to my mum's influence. I've always seen Clinique products on her bathroom shelves since the beginning of forever!
I picked this up after hitting the pan on my Mac Prep + Prime translucent pressed powder because I needed something to set my make-up without making me look tangoed like many powders do.


This "loose, lightweight powder" comes in a transparent pot with the classic Clinique design. I purchased mine in transparency 03 though I could do with one shade lighter. The colour doesn't particularly make a difference on the skin but I'd prefer one shade lighter as I am terribly pale!
The product claims to leave a "silken, flawless finish" which I definitely agree with. My skin was left looking smooth and matte.


It's a loose powder that doesn't deposit a heavy colour on the skin. It's very fine and helps blend and set any make up that's already been applied. I use my Mac 182 kabuki brush because it doesn't absorb any unnecessary powder or deposit it too heavily. As you can see from the photo above I have tapped the excess powder onto the lid of the powder pot to avoid using too much.

I don't recommend using this powder after having applied a bright blusher, in my case Nars Super Orgasm. I had a day where I swept this across my cheeks after using the bright blusher and somehow ended up as orange as a wotsit. I have no idea how it happened so drastically but I've kept away from combining those two products and it hasn't happened again, thankfully!

All in all I really like this product. I'll definitely be buying it again but next time in a lighter shade. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a powder that blends perfectly on top of foundation or tinted moisturiser.

Clinique Blended Face Powder can be purchased from any Clinique stockist or from the Clinique website.

What's your favourite Clinique product??

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment