Tuesday 24 July 2012

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser

So, we've all used the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish by now and we all know it does the job (unless for you it doesn't.. in which case I'm sorry for your loss) but there are a few other very similar products rearing their heads on the market.

As I was shopping for some pre-holiday treats last week I saw this very similar product on Superdrug's shelves and for £5.99 there really was no reason not to buy it!


"Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser with muslin cloth is ideal for removing dirt and make-up whilst providing gentle exfoliation. This will help improve circulation, leaving skin deeply cleansed, soft and radiant. Enriched with naturally sourced Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that will help to shield your skin against environmental damage and premature ageing by combating the harmful effects of free radicals. The rich and creamy formula also contains a skin conditioning multivitamin complex comprising vitamins A, B, F and H, which combined with horse chestnut extract, helps to care for dry skin."

I've used it for just over a week now and I've got to say I really, really like it. It has a similar consistency to the Liz Earle cleanser; creamy and rich just like the description, but it smells very different. The Superdrug cleanser smells a bit like coconut I think but I could be completely off here. It's basically really similar Hawaiian Tropics sun oil in it's smell - yum!
It removed every bit of my make up that I could see, however I didn't use a toner afterwards so I couldn't check completely but I was impressed by how much of my eye make-up was removed.

My only negative point is the quality of the muslin cloth that comes in the box with the cleanser. When compared to the cloth provided with Liz Earle it's sadly not as good quality. This is unsurprising when you think that the Superdrug cleanser is a quarter of the price of the Liz Earle cleanser, but after only a few days of use my cloth had come apart at the seams and begun to fray quite badly.


So, since the only fault with this product is the quality of the cloth I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to try a hot cloth cleanser without breaking the bank. What's even more appealing is that Superdrug offer student discount to NUS card holders, yay for higher education!

If you fancy giving it a try you can buy it in store in Superdrug for £5.99 or view their whole Vitamin E range *here*

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment