Friday 17 August 2012

Body Shop Bargain - The Bag Of Joy!

Now I'm back from my most recent holiday I thought it was time for a slightly longer blog post, finally!

If you're anything like me you'll be signed up to every website mailing list going. Last month I had an email from The Body Shop that enticed me with a 30% off code. As it turns out I did't need a discount code once I spied their sale items, especially this PHENOMENAL offer on their Bag Of Joy. The bag contained 9 products for just £25! Here's a little breakdown of what was in the bag..

(L-R Floral Acai Body Butter Duo, Dreams Unlimited Body Butter &Macadamia Body Butter Duo)

Each of these 200ml Body Butters retail for £12.50 EACH! If I'd bought these three separately it would have set me back £37.50. I absolutely love the Duo butters, one side of the cream has a yogurt-like consistency and the other is slightly more solid and waxy until it's been rubbed into the skin. The point of the two consistencies is so that you can apply the thicker cream on particularly dry areas such as knees and elbows and the thinner cream all over the rest of your body. The Dreams Unlimited butter is of the thinner consistency and like the other cream can be used all over your body.. perfect for being anyone who might be a little on the peely side after summer trips away!

(L-R DeoDry Dry Effect Deodorant Chilled and Breezy & Cool and Zesty and Earth Lovers Shower Gel Lemon & Thyme and Cucumber and Mint)

Each deodorant retails for £2.50 for 50ml and each shower gel for £5.00 for 250ml - that would be another £15.00. All four of these products smell so good! I can't say the deodorants are perfect.. I wore mine to the gym which was a decision I definitely regretted once I was on the cross-trainer! They are okay for day-to-day use though. The shower gels are quickly becoming one of my favourite products at the moment, not only are they made of natural ingredients but they form such a thick lather, especially with a sponge or loofah.

(L-R Dreams Unlimited Eau De Toilette and a facial Warming Mineral Mask)

The Eau De Toilette has an RRP of £15.00 for 50ml and the mask retails at £9.00 for a 100ml tube. This perfume really compliments the other Dreams Unlimited products. I wouldn't wear too much of it if I'd used the Body Butter as well but if you want to smell fresh then I really recommend it on its own.The Warming Mineral Mask is one of the products I couldn't wait to try, I love face masks that warm up! This heats up quite quickly once it's applied onto the face. I found that this mask didn't dry as cakey or thick as some other clay masks which I liked. I remove mine with a warm flannel or muslin cloth and it leaves my skin feeling nourished and moisturised.

It all came a Bag For Life worth another £2.50... If I had bought all these products individually it would have cost me £79! I'm certainly glad I bought them, even if I didn't strictly need them ;)

Unfortunately this offer isn't available anymore but there is an offer for free delivery on orders over £30 and buy 2 get 2 free on any of the products HERE with the promotional code WINNER.

So, how do you rate your Body Shop products? Let me know if there's any others I should buy :)

Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment