Monday 3 September 2012

Las Vegas 2012


On the 22nd August I jetted off to Las Vegas with my boyfriend and his family. We stayed for 6 nights at the Bellagio hotel and it was absolutely incredible.

 the comfiest bed for jet lag | making good use of the bath robes after my shower | just organising the vanity like I owned the place 

I've been to a few pretty cities but Vegas topped them all for its size and all the opportunities provided by the different hotels, restaurants and shopping centres. You could go to the New York New York hotel and get a typical New York coffee and donut for breakfast before riding their rollercoaster, walk to the Luxor and view the Titanic exhibition or head to The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace and wander through Dior, Dunhill, Sephora and of course, Abercrombie & Fitch.

Here are a small collage of the 500 photos that I took incase anyone is interested.

the Bellagio hotel at night with the famous fountains | suicide slush at Fat Tuesday | Kardashian Khaos, obvs!

Philosophy bubble baths - black cherry soda & sweet 16 | Grand Canyon, yeah!  | last breakfast - buttermilk pancakes

For the first few days we wandered round Vegas doing a lot of shopping, eating and walking. It was roughly 40degrees every day but far less humid than other American cities. We also saw 3 shows, The Beatles Love at the Mirage, "O" at the Bellagio and on the last night my boyfriend and I went to see Peepshow starring Holly Madison - lucky boyfriend!! 
I actually loved every second of the Peepshow, and although I wouldn't say Holly Madison is a born actress or singer she was entertaining and she is absolutely beautiful in real life. I think I love her a little bit (/ a lot!!). Our seats were so close to the stage you could see every inch of the dancers - again, lucky boyfriend! - but I did notice that Holly had a little pouch on her stomach where she's usually very much in shape, the next day I bought Us Weekly because it turns out she's pregnant! Wahoooooo, celebrity babies are my fave! 

The last two days were spent driving to the Grand Canyon and back with the last night of our trip spent at the Wynn hotel - it's roughly 5 hours from Las Vegas to the South Rim where we stayed at the Grand Hotel. Compared to the Bellagio it wasn't particularly Grand but it did provide everything we needed for a good night's sleep after travelling and before exploring the canyon. We saw both the sunrise and the sunset and it was breathtaking! I have about 50 photos of each, oops!!

sunset at the Grand Canyon | colourful rays over the horizon | sunrise! makes me think of the Lion King

Anyway, here's my little Las Vegas post. There's so much to write about but I might save them for any product reviews that are in the pipeline from my many shopping sprees!

Have you been to Vegas? Let me know!

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment