Wednesday 15 May 2013

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara

I received this product in my May Glossybox. I was really looking forward to being able to review this as I already have a lip blush by Jelly Pong Pong. This mascara is described as "not for the faint hearted. Our first ever mascara is formulated to make eye lashes flutter & flap. Water-resistant, Fairy Lashes makes eyelashes thicker & curvier while allowing them to be spectacularly soft & light. A truly fabulous effect for the woman who wants to emphasize one deep, intense, seductive look. Apply liberally & sweep the heavy wand upwards for thick, luscious lashes."


 The packaging is a bullet shaped tube with a small brush that is bristles rather than the newer style of plastic brushes. The description says this is a "heavy wand" but it doesn't have much weight to it if it's compared to another mascara like Benefit's Bad Gal lash.

These photos present my eyelashes with the mascara on. The photo on the left shows one coat of mascara vs. none and the photo on the right is the finished look after applying 3 coats of mascara to both eyes. I can't explain why my face is hideously orange on the left, both photos were taken within a couple of minutes of eachother. Derp!



This is just another couple of angles to show how the mascara looks once dried. It doesn't clump and the brush allowed for a very even application on my top and bottom lashes as well as the teeny tiny corner lashes.
To some they might look a little spidery, I noticed this but it's probably because each eyelash is coated individually. My only niggle about this product is that the formula is waterproof and I'm not keen on mascaras that are waterproof BUT in this instance it doesn't make a difference. It's worth trying to apply the coats before each coat dries or it can be a little stiff but it's a really good product.

This is in the shade "flutter" which is an intense black but there is also "maiden" which is a violet shade. This mascara retails for £15.00 on the Jelly Pong Pong website and both shades are for sale here (click!) although "maiden" is currently out of stock.

Overall I really like this mascara and have used it daily since receiving it. I definitely think it's worth the  price and can't wait to try out more of the range.

No comments:

Post a Comment