Wednesday 29 January 2014

My Cold Weather Skin Saviours

I have really frustrating skin when the weather changes. Some days my make-up can practically slip right off my face and other days I'm desperately searching for something to hydrate unexpected dry patches. 

By chance I found a winning combination to counteract the effects of the gale force winds and the hideously heavy rainfall we've been experiencing in the UK. 

My first port of call is this heavy duty La Roche-Posay emulsion. It's extremely thick and creamy so I don't need much to cover dry patches. It is mainly for skin that is excessively dry rather than just slightly problematic but as a night cream this is perfect as I can apply it and let it sink in gradually.

I use this particularly on my chin and my nose to combat any dryness that may come from either a day exposed to the elements or from a face scrub on a pamper evening. (This is an old product but it wasn't opened until December '13 which is why the bottle looks so ancient!)



My day time moisturiser is definitely the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser. It's light on the skin but has quite a thick consistency. It smells fresh and slightly floral like the rest of the Liz Earle skincare range and sinks into the skin relatively quickly. I find there's just enough time to make a cup of tea while I wait for this to work it's magic!


You can find the La Roche-Posay Hydranorme emulsion here (click!) and the Liz Earle Skin Repair moisturiser here (click!)

// //////

1 comment:

  1. I am loving Liz Earle products at the moment, they are so perfect for the winter :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete