Sunday 31 January 2016

Illamasqua Gel Sculpt - Silhouette

Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Silhouette Contour

I was spoilt rotten this Christmas, especially when it came to beauty products. I got heaps of contouring products, but this is one that stood out.

Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Silhouette Contour


Looking a bit like a big crayon I was a little apprehensive about this at first, but after a couple of attempts I realised it was incredibly easy to use! There are three shades, Silhouette, Charm and Fluster. Charm and Fluster are more appropriately used as blushers, with apricot and cherry like shades. Silhouette is a brown shade, perfect for adding dimension to the face.


Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Silhouette Contour

It creates a sheer, brown line wherever it's rubbed against the skin, enough to be visible but not so much that it looks too Ru-Paul's drag race. The above photo is after about three swipes and as you can see, even after a heavy swatch isn't an opaque shade of brown.

I use this just in the hollows of my cheeks, along my hairline and on occasion just along the front of my nose. It's easy to blend and doesn't leave any harsh lines when blended in with either a beauty blender or a stippling brush which means it's almost fool proof!

I don't need to add any extra bronzer or darker contouring shade, as for me, a whiter than white girl, this is perfect for a simple every day cheekbone boost and can be easily built on for a sharper 'night out' look.

You can grab the Illamasuqua Gel Sculpt for £22 from the Illamasqua website here, from Net-A-Porter here or from everyone's favourite - ASOS here.


// //////

There is no guarantee that these products will work the same for others, I am writing from personal experience.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the colour in the tube looks terrifying! But the swatch looks much more workable, thankfully! x

    www.lolaandbehold.com

    ReplyDelete